Sixties Sherlock

 Here's a dress originally meant for Samson's Bean, but I decided to keep it for myself.
For now, at least. I'm prone to changing my mind when it comes to wardrobe choices.
Although, I do love everything about it. 
The dress also has the tiniest of burn holes, I'm sure that makes it virtually impossible to sell. 
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I cinched in my waist with my favorite taupe snakeskin belt, thrifted of course.
Topping it all off with my trusty trench, I called it a day.
 I haven't worn a dress in quite some time, so it felt nice to put in the extra effort.
That same day I did a booth update and lounged around at my parent's place.
Thus, the change in scenery. This was taken near the kitchen, I had to crop out the fridge!

 This same day, I met The Boy's parents. What a great day to decide to dress up!
I think I made a good first impression. I mean, mom complimented my shoes!
I will take that to be a good sign.

Hemmed 60s dotted dress, Goodwill & DIY//Sweater tights, TJ Maxx// Snakeskin belt, Wolfe Street//Floral Pendant Necklace, Hidden Treasures Antique Mall//Trench coat, Goodwill//Oxfords, Goodwill
2011 is turning out to be quite a splendid year!
There's so much to be excited about.

Until next time, ♥.

Sea Bird  – (January 13, 2011 at 3:30 PM)  

What an adorable outfit perfectly styled up! I think this is a great outfit for meeting a significant other's parents.

Amanda  – (January 13, 2011 at 6:57 PM)  

Very cute! The dress looks great on you :) Have a great weekend!!!

The Semi Sweet  – (January 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM)  

I love that dress so much!! You wore it well:)

p.s. I'm so jealous you found that trench at Goodwill! I've been on the lookout for a good quality trench...that fits. I find them, but they're either huge or tiny. You found a great one!

lul  – (January 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM)  

Looks great on ya doll! And YAY for the compliment your boyfriend's mum gave you!
Kiss
Lula

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS  – (January 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM)  

Adorable, honestly. I love when trench coats are paired with dresses that are a liiittlllleee bit shorter, I think the proportion is just so chic. And ahh meeting parents can be so nerve-wracking but you were certainly dressed to impress and i'm sure you made such a lovely impression :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Brenda  – (January 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM)  

Lovely outfit! I'm sure you made a good first impression =)

Honor  – (January 15, 2011 at 2:44 PM)  

The dress is such a nice colour and I think your story is a good enough justification of keeping the dress :)

http://teapothonor.blogspot.com/

Meream  – (January 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM)  

That is a gorgeous dress! You should not sell that. :)

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP