Robble, Robble.

The Inspiration
Image via Portroids
Seriously racking my brain for inspiration since the beginning of September, 
I was set to recreate something that was remotely obscure yet recognizable unless you've been under a rock your entire life. Once I came across this photograph, I was determined to make it my own. I take my costuming very seriously.
Robble, robble! I was to become the Hamburglar.
I figured it would be easy enough: stripes, cape, mask, burgers, and hat.
So, I made myself a shopping list  as a reminder to search around when I scoured my usual thrifting haunts. 
Let's just say I had a great success! 

The Execution
Thrifted finds plus felt embellishments.
My costume, all pinned and ready to be sewed and glued into place!
I got super fed up with the store-bought mask and decided to make my own.
Thus, we have...

My Interpretation


Costume Details:
->Extremely Oversized striped shirt, Wolfe Street ($1)
->Black Felt Wide Brim Fedora, My Favorite Thrift Store ($3)
->Black Bandage Skirt, XXI (Gift)
->Red Striped Tie, Goodwill ($1)
->Red Leather Boots, Ebay ($25)
->Shimmer Black Tights, Half of Half ($1)
->Skirt Altered into Black Cape, Savers ($3)
->Red Purse, Target
->Altered Red Gloves, Dollar Tree/DIY ($1)
->Black Mask and Felt Embellishments, DIY


All I need now is a Happy Meal.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Until next time, ♥.

Starr Crow  – (October 31, 2010 at 2:09 PM)  

it's soo sooo good Myriam!! what a great inspiration photo. there's no way that someone won't know who you are!

where are you going tonight?

Myriam  – (October 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

Starlight Haus [hopefully], although I already took Hamburglar out for a whirl at Friday's Cool Shoes!

The Semi Sweet  – (November 1, 2010 at 7:51 AM)  

This is too cool!!! Love it to pieces!!! It took a ton of creativity to put this together:)

Meream  – (November 1, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

You are the cutest fast food mascot ever! :D

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP