Needle Felted Taxidermy

 We learned about needle felting in my Crafts class last semester.
I really took a liking to it. It's so simple and therapeutic. 

 Molding the wool roving, jabbing at it with a special needle until the form became felted.
What was once just fibers become individual, recognizable creatures.

 After making the mouse, pig, and rabbit, I embellished them with morbid X's for eyes.
My project wasn't completely finished.

 Using a stiffer felt, I made miniature mounts.
Afterwards a pin was stitched on so that they can be proudly worn as brooches.

The dead mouse is probably my favorite.

I need to take this up on my own.
I have an catalog for materials around here somewhere.
It'd feel nice to jab at something repeatedly. 
I need a form of release.
I need help.

Until next time, ♥.

Amanda  – (June 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM)  

These are so cute! I love them!

Unknown  – (June 2, 2011 at 1:44 AM)  

These are awesome; you could probably guess that I would like them! :)

Anonymous –   – (June 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM)  

loved these. You should make a blue bird.....and then we could do a trade. :)

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP