Foodie Fun: Choco-Banana Muffins for Brunch

I woke up to a late start, per usual. But really, can you blame me? It is summer after all.
Last night I felt inclined to bake something because I had two ripe bananas at my disposal and I had also spent most of my evening using power-tools. I needed to balance things out.

The recipe comes from The Frugal Foodie Cookbook by Alanna Kaufman and Alex Small.
Here's the recipe, with a few of my changes:

Banana-Chocolate Muffins (serves 12)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cups skim milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I also used almond extract)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup dark chocolate, very finely chopped (I used chips instead)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 very ripe banana, mashed

Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Combine oats, milk, and vanilla in a bowl; let oats soak. In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Use fork to run through mixture and break up any clumps of sugar or flour. Stir in chocolate. To the oats mixture add eggs and butter. Add oat mixture and banana to large bowl; mix until just combined. Spoon batter into muffin tin; bake 18-20 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks for several minutes and serve (with cuties and a glass of vanilla almond milk)!

An excellent way to start off the day.
Until next time, ♥.

Jo - Lost in the Haze  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM)  

Mmm! That looks so delicious! You are like me - I always have mandarins with muffins! yum!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Henar  – (May 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM)  

Aww, this is lovely,
nice post!

Henar ♥
www.OhMyVogue.com

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP