Pet Rocks.

When I mentioned shopping for a pet rock, I was referring to the cabochon that I need for the big project in my jewelry-making class. I had to skip out on the lapidarist visit last Monday because of school work, but fortunately there was a big Gem Rock show at a community center here in Central Arkansas on Saturday. 

 So many pretty rocks! I had a hard time choosing just one. It also didn't help that I wanted to be in and out so that I could return and do some homework before my outing at the symphony that night.

 I also picked up 3 grab-bags of assorted misshapen rocks. Not sure what to do with them yet. Typical.

 Meet my pet rocks; Dichroic glass, Rainbow Calsilica, and Peruvian Opal.
I finally decided on these three lovelies from Designer Cabochons. The lady wrote the names of each one on their respective baggies. That way, I can totally geek out and name the stone that I will eventually be "rockin'."
 See what I did there?

So, which one should I use for my big project piece?

Until next time, ♥.

Amber  – (October 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM)  

I like the bigger stone, you could make a very nice statement piece with that

Meream  – (October 10, 2010 at 7:06 AM)  

Those are pretty! Sadly, we don't have lots of choices here.

Meleonieeee - ♥  – (October 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM)  

Ooh, that Rainbow Callista is so awesome! <3

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP