I So Love When This Happens...

In my last post, I yapped about how I needed to stay away from thrift stores because I kept finding so much awesome stuff that I didn't originally go in there for, yet I didn't go into detail about any of the finds. I love shoes, especially when they're in my size. Being a 9.5, (VTG size 10!), this is no easy task. I can only assume that ladies had itty-bitty feet back in the day. 

Well, I bought this one pair of boot-moccasin hybrids on one of my trips to Savers.
My mental wishlist included a pair of lace-up booties and I thought these fit the bill. They're Dexter brand and in nearly pristine condition. At just $7, I couldn't resist. I suffered a bit of sticker shock once I realized how much I've spent over the course of a week, but all of that vanished when I read WWW's recent post Channeling: Lucas. Featured in the bottom left-hand corner are a pair of eerily similar boots. Of course, they differ in price. Those babies are a whopping $175! 


Of course, this meant that I HAD to wear them today. So I did and I took pictures for your viewing pleasure.





Oh, the power of thrift.

Starr Crow  – (May 25, 2010 at 12:43 AM)  

a perfect match for your inspiration. i love them. they'll be cute with socks too! Killer denim skirt too... :D

Amanda  – (May 25, 2010 at 7:37 AM)  

I love when that happens!! I find great, normally expensive things at thrift stores all the time, and it always makes me so excited :) You should check out my thrifting blog, we seem a lot alike!

Amanda
isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP