Upcycled & Reverse Tie Dye

I opted against wearing my beanie for once and immediately regretted it as soon as I walked outside.
I did however wear these boots again. They're my go-to babies that will probably bite the dust soon.
I bet it's funny to see me walking around campus, sliding about, trying not to slip out of my boots.
Too bad it's so expensive to get them fixed! Then again, I think they're beyond fixing. Sadness!
Trench, Goodwill//Navy Dress, Random Rummage Sale//Belt, Same Random Rummage Sale//
Boots, Ebay//Sweater Tights, TJ Maxx//Knee Highs, Chile//Peacock Feather Earrings, Spain//Infinity Scarf, DIY
Anyways, onto this scarf of mine. Last season, the infinity scarves were all the rage. I remembered seeing one on American Apparel and realizing that I could make it easily for a fraction of the cost.
I stocked up on t-shirts in sizes 3X, 4X, etc. The bigger, the better. I simply cut the shirt straight across underneath the armpits. The fun part was stretching out the loop of fabric. Anyways, I wore them a few times and dismissed them. This year, I decided to treat one with reverse tie dye. I randomly rubber-banded it, like you would with regular tie-dye projects. Afterwards, I soaked it in a mixture of diluted bleach until it turned a color I liked. The original scarf was navy. It's now a rosy brown color with traces of the navy in the veins. This is a super easy and fun project.

So fun, in fact, I decided to wear it hooded a la Lady Gaga. 
Don't worry, I didn't actually walk around campus like this. 
I figured it would make for a fun photo.
Please don't take me seriously. I don't take me seriously.

OH! I should be updating my Etsy tonight with some new shoes and handbags. 

Until next time, ♥.

Amanda  – (January 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM)  

That's an awesome idea for a tunnel scarf!! Love it!

Honor  – (January 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM)  

It's a ovely colour and goes perfectly with your earings

http://teapothonor.blogspot.com/

oomph.  – (January 28, 2011 at 5:51 PM)  

like the gaga scarf! and you have pretty eyes.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP