Uncommon Objects

 While I was in Austin, we visited perhaps the most "hip" antique mall ever (for me, at least) 
by the name of Uncommon Objects located in the SoCo shopping district. 
Unfortunately, we slipped inside when there was only 30 minutes left until closing time.
..........Thus the rushed/blurred photography. 
It's very difficult to snap a decent photograph and scour simultaneously!
Please bear with me.
 I saw two of these babies in the entire antique mall. It creeps me out tremendously.
Not very practical...or affordable for that matter. 

 Even though this is equally creepy, I looooove doll parts.
I was tempted to buy some doll limbs, but decided against it. I have enough junk in my life.

 I was mostly amazed by the impeccable organization and color-coordination of each booth.

 It appears as though each booth was carefully thought out and arranged.

 My only complaint would be the pricing, but then again, I'm terribly spoiled by my local thrift haunts.

Despite the high prices, I managed to dig up these beauties. Two keys, 6 bucks a pop.
A bit much for rusted metal, but I never come across these (yet).
I've already strung the skeleton key onto a chain making for a quick DIY necklace!

Check out Uncommon Objects for yourself next time you're in Austin!
It's definitely worth a look.

Until next time, ♥.

Amber  – (December 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM)  

I have been in the store before and could spend hours in there browsing but the prices are high so I have never purchased anything

Brenda  – (December 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM)  

This looks like a place worth visiting. I've never been to Austin, but I will add this place to my list. Thank you for your comment :) And that's even better! You can make your money without actually having to work there and sell it yourself. Very cool.

Danielle  – (January 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM)  

That alligator would be a fun little thing to have...

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP