Estate Sale Spoils.

 As promised, here are my spoils from last Friday's estate sale outing with Starr. While there was plenty of vintage for really cheap, I found myself gravitating towards the accessories. Could it be because I've already amassed a sizable wardrobe again? Perhaps, it's because my etsy shop focus is accessories? I haven't quite decided yet...

 There were plenty of random jewelry "grab bags." I was tempted to buy them all, but I decided on one that had a few interesting pieces. The cameo is on a velvet choker, which will probably get reworked at some point. I really love the collegiate-style pendant! Perfect to add a quick touch of class to an outfit.

 I kept debating this purchase. I carried it with me the entire time. It's dry-rotted and tears so easily, but at 6 bucks for so much of it, I figured it was worth it. I think it may have been a dress at some point. I plan on reinforcing it with fabric stiffener and adhering it to felt for appliques in future projects. I guess I was also tempted to buy it because I had so many people commenting on it...

 I bought these two small wallets because they were interesting and a mere dollar a piece. I carry a small cross-body bag, so large wallets are a no-no. The flat leather wallet has these awesome swirl designs that remind me of crop circles. I especially love the navy and gold-embossed wallet. 

Now that I think about it, I bought a bunch of lil' knick-knacks with the notion that I will craft soon. Well, mostly with the thought of refashioning things into quirky, yet simple pendant necklaces.
The little plastic clothespins remind me of my gold clothespin necklace. The compass is itty-bitty! And, those little Arkansas tags are way adorable. I can't to don one around my neck!

I bought some new scarves and glasses (for their lenses) and some pretty rad black velvety oxford pumps. Unfortunately, the oxfords are way too snug. Oh well, they will probably go into the shop soon. Darn my big feet! 

Let's hope these new purchases get my creative juices flowing! I need to craft, seriously.
Until next time, ♥.

Amanda  – (October 7, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

Wow, Myriam! Amazing finds! I love estate sales :)

Amanda

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP