Hunting for Treasure in the Boonies


I woke up early Saturday morning, perhaps the earliest I've been up this whole semester, and drove over to Dogtown. My father had tempted me with with a flea-market al aire libre(outdoors) in Beebe. All I could think about were the possibilities of hidden treasure at ridiculous prices because people weren't aware of what they had on hand. I wasn't expecting the animals and the stench...but I managed.


The whole thing was massive with booth upon makeshift booth of pretty random stuff. Between the gargantuan pigs and puppies! and guns, I came across vendors declaring that everything was a quarter or gasp! a dime. Unfortunately and fortunately, they weren't as chocked full with goodies as I had expected. Why fortunately? Well, I'm out of closet space as it is...I really shouldn't be buying anything.


However, never one to pass up a good bargain...I did buy a couple of things. I think at one booth I spent 70 cents and walked away with a brown grocery sack full of stuff. Once we left and were headed back to Dogtown, I remembered that Catholic High was having a "Junktique" sale. I convinced my daddy to go and by the time we got there, everything was half-off. Between the two of us, we filled a single brown grocery sack and paid a mere two-dollars.
Leather maroon Etienne Aigner shoulder bag scored for a dime. It just needs a little TLC.



I picked up this dress at the Junktique sale. It's not my size (nor my typical style) but I thought about donating it to NLRHS' costume department. We'll see.




Cotton navy mini-dress. The fit and length (it's super short!) gave me American Apparel vibes, without the hefty price tag. Also scored at the Junktique sale.


Assorted earrings and jewelry bought from a vendor at the outdoor flea-market. The earrings are gaudy as all get out, but they're for my fascinators. The gold necklace and chunky jeweled bracelet were a quarter each.


It was a pretty exciting day. I bought much more than what I have featured here, like a couple of hats and a Babasonicos CD. Now I just need to figure out where to put it all, not before I tend to my neglected studies. Today concludes my spring break and I reluctantly head back to class tomorrow.

SuziG  – (March 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM)  

Great job as always!! There seemed to be a lot of scary animal stuff going on at first, but it seems to have gone well in general. I LOVE the blue dress and purse!

Burnadette  – (April 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM)  

Wait...does this junktique sale go on like every weekend?? I'm always looking for cute clip-on earrings!

Myriam  – (April 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM)  

I think the junktique sale at Catholic is a yearly occurrence...but the outdoor flea-market is every weekend?

Burnadette  – (April 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM)  

Neato. Well, the next time you go you better bring me with you !

Post a Comment

♥♥♥

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP